Friday 29 January 2010

Seeing Signs to Clear Away the Confusion

I thought it's time I started posting about the signs I have begun to see everywhere. But first, a quick bit of background because there's been a long spiritual journey that as yet remains unblogged.

Basically, I have come to embrace four main philosophies of late:
  • That we are all connected, all one, and separateness is an illusion
  • To trust my intuitiion, because I feel it is the part of me that allows me to connect with the rest of the world and the universe.
  • That any spiritual force/god/being can be accessed via my intuition/meditation or any inner connection within me and that this is the route to all of my understanding and is much more vital than reading or gaining outside knowledge.
  • A faith in 'cosmic ordering' - i.e., having faith, asking for things from the universe and finidng that they seem to materialize. I see this as different from 'manifestation', which I have lost faith in. The reason being that I see manifestation as using visualisation/hypnosis type techniques to convince your subconscious to go out and get something for you. I have tried this lots before with little success, and can't help but think that it's actually down to something more magical and spiritual than my own subconscious. Another key difference is that I believe you can ask and then forget about it and it will come, whereas I believe manifestation requires a lot of repeated visualisation and focussing on it.
So, that's where I was at, when I started to have a spiritual crisis the other day. Because I had become so open to all of this, I had bought a spiritual magazine, and was reading articles on angels and saints and such things. Now, the stories to me seemed to have something in them - I'm not inclined to think EVERYONE is making this stuff up, so I think there must be something in it, but it didn't sit right with me. It seemed far too specific, having the names of angels and saints who provide different support. To me, it doesn't fit with my belief to trust my intuition and the connection that I feel instinctivelyt lies within me. I've never really been one to believe in praying to different saints or that kind of thing.

Consequently, I had a rather inspiring experience two days ago. I was driving home from work and decided to ask the universe for help understanding. So I asked who I should be talking to - saints, angels, spirits or the universe. Within a minute or two at the most, a lorry pulled out into the traffic jam I was sat in, and it had one word in big letters down the side: 'GO D'. It was meant to say 'GOLD' but the 'L' had fallen off! I felt like this instantly cleared everything up for me.

And as I explain how I now see things, I think it's important to clarify what the word 'God' means to me. Although I'm from a Christian background, to me God has always been a figure that yes, I can pray to, but I do not necessarily see him as the man in the Bible. To me, I feel again that the teaching should come from within me, not from anything that's written in the Bible, unless I feel it's true. I have always seen God as more of a vague spiritual entity than the specific form seen in the Bible, so to me, this was not a call to commit to orthodox Christian views.

What it meant to me was that I was being given clarification to go directly to the central force - and for me the word God and the Universe are interchangeable - and that when I try to develop my spirituality, that is who I need to be communicating with. It was a reminder to stay on the track I had been on and not to get lost in the world of finding out who to communicate with, be it saints or angels. I can't deny that there seems to be something in it with those stories of angels, but for me, I now see it as that might be one way that God (the universe) might communicate with us, but I don't think I need to go through them - I need to go directly to God, which I reach through my intuition. I've also come to realise that although I'm seeing signs everywhere, I shouldn't strive to reach them, as I can get all my answers from tuning into my intuition. I feel the signs are there when there is a need for clarification or support beyond what I have been able to pick up via intuition, so they are an extra, but not the core of where my beliefs and guidance comes from. But it does make me feel very supported to have received such an answer.

A friend told me this relates to the philosophy of pantheism, and has lent me a copy of Tolstoy, 'The Kingdom of God is Within You' to read. The title alone suits my philosophy and I will report back on the book in due course!

 
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. i have had experience as feeling all food is flesh and seeing all ppl as "evil". i saw my parents as witches faking who they are and trying to force me to take medication to bring me back to hell with them. i also smelled death everywhere.

    ReplyDelete